Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Snickerdoodle Blondies

Anything with the name "snickerdoodle" in it automatically gets bookmarked when I'm browsing through recipes.  They are one of my favorite cookies, they are super simple to make, and I usually have all the ingredients to whip up a batch whenever a craving strikes.  I've made snickerdoodle cupcakes in the past (awesome), and recently came upon this Snickerdoodle Blondie recipe that I just had to try.  It was incredibly easy, made my apartment smell divine as it baked, and they came out delicious!  I took most of these to work to share, as I would have eaten them ALL myself if left to my own devices, and they were a big hit with my coworkers!  .... next up in my Snickerdoodle bookmarks is for a layer cake.... all I need is an occasion for which to make it!


Snickerdoodle Blondies
from Brown Eyed Baker, originally adapted from My Baking Addiction
Makes 24 Blondies

Ingredients:
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups packed brown sugar (I used light brown)
1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
2 eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract

For topping:
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a medium bowl, and whisk to combine.
3. In your stand mixer (if you have one), or with a handheld mixer, beat together the brown sugar and flour for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs one at a time, beating each in until well combined.  Add the vanilla extract, and beat until combined.  Make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times while the mixture is combining.  
4. With your mixer speed on low, gradually add the flour mixture.  Mix until just combined. Stir the dough one last time with a wooden spoon to make sure all the flour has been incorporated.
5. Spread the dough evenly into your prepared baking pan, using an offset spatula to level the blondies. 
6. Combine the cinnamon and sugar for the topping in a small bowl.  Sprinkle evenly over the top of the blondies.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the surface springs back when gently pressed.  Allow to cool completely before cutting.

Notes:
  • These came out just perfect, and there is really nothing at this point I'd change about the recipe!

2 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! I guess you can never go wrong with snickerdoodle anything :) I will definetely try these. There use to be a little coffe house in pennsylvania we use to go to where they sold snickerdoodle coffee. It was delicious and you could buy it by the bag too. I always stopped there and picked some up but sadly they aren't there anymore:( Oh well, I will have to satisfy my craving with these snickerdoodle blondies. They look easy too! Is that the cake plate from Grammy B?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm... snickerdoodle coffee sounds awesome- I might have to try to make that myself! That is one of the small plates from the set- I love them, they are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete