Makes 24 Blondies
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups packed brown sugar (I used light brown)
1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a medium bowl, and whisk to combine.
3. In your stand mixer (if you have one), or with a handheld mixer, beat together the brown sugar and flour for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating each in until well combined. Add the vanilla extract, and beat until combined. Make sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times while the mixture is combining.
4. With your mixer speed on low, gradually add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Stir the dough one last time with a wooden spoon to make sure all the flour has been incorporated.
5. Spread the dough evenly into your prepared baking pan, using an offset spatula to level the blondies.
6. Combine the cinnamon and sugar for the topping in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the blondies.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- These came out just perfect, and there is really nothing at this point I'd change about the recipe!